Ultrasound imaging of the is the primary imaging method used to evaluate disorders of the testicles, epididymis (tubes immediately next to the testicles that collect sperm made by the testicle) and scrotum.
This study is typically used to:
- determine whether a mass in the scrotum felt by the patient or doctor is cystic or solid and its location.
- diagnose results of trauma to the scrotal area.
- diagnose causes of testicular pain or swelling such as inflammation or torsion.
- evaluate the cause of infertility such as
- look for the location of undescended testis.